Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Every angel is terrible

My latest work gave me the idea of working on a complete set of simple sentences. It's quite a challenge for me as I always found difficult to layout short texts, even more challenging by the size I decided to use for all of the items of this set (approx. 30x10cm).

So here is the second item of the set, a sentence by Rainer Maria Rilke, taken from the first of the Duino Elegies (I already worked on the same text, using a more consequent fragment, I really love it).



I first wrote the text using a gothic script before copying it on another paper by transparency and finished by decorate with patterns which resemble feathers.

I'm quite happy with the overall result and I'm already thinking to the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment