Tuesday, October 28, 2014


passionate by the clams, here is a little knotwork etched with acid on a clam's shell.

The etching is not very deep but enough to be visible.
Nonetheless, I think I can improve the process, another shell is in progress...

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Alphabet - next step

Once cleaned, here are the letters from my alphabet (technological miracle, I inverted the pic so you can see them on the right side).
As you can see, I made a mistake on some of them, the ones that looks inverted after being inverted :-/

Moreover, my printing tries are just awful, so awful that I won't show even a bit of them.
I tihnk I'll have to restart from the beginning, differently, with more care, briefly : to be followed...

To make you wait, here is a pic of the residues of the cleaning which is, probably, the best thing I got out of it.

Saturday, October 18, 2014


I'm working on a new project (yeahhh, I know, I didn't finish the previous ones).

I made an alphabet in the Celtic style, etched on zinc ( & reversed, which supposes a further printing), inspired by George Bain's book, Celtic Art : The Methods of Construction.
By the way, I doubt he found all of these letters in the book of Kells or Durrow. Those gospels probably didn't show these K, W or Y...

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Another fail !

Success is not guaranteed... 
Anyway, I have to show you the pictures of my latest failure, I'll restart soon, I already know how to improve it.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

some text

I've been quite busy these last ime, preparing my latest exhibition but I didn't work only on this !
I worked very hard on a new project with quite a lot of text and in a much larger shape than what I'm used to. Until now, I spent about 30 hours working on it, I think I've done the most of it. Until I can say it is finished or failed, here is a picture.

Next steps next week if everything goes well.